I believe that baking exists for pleasure. Whilst it may not be able to cure the ailments of today or tomorrow, stepping into the kitchen is the first step towards looking after yourself! It can be an unconventional solution to stress but has been proven to be beneficial for our mental health. When we bake, we enter a world of focus that helps relieve our stress and worries. It is so important now more than ever! On top of this, creating a baked good can provide you with a deep satisfaction, which greatly lifts your mood.
Plus, getting to eat it at the end will leave your heart and mind smiling for days! This tahini banana bread crumb cake is naturally sweet and the perfect companion to brighten up your days in self-isolation. It is also an easy treat that you can slice up and use to share the joy with others.
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 2 3/4 cups oat flour
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 3-4 tbsp coconut oil
1. Combine bananas, tahini, 1 ¾ cups oat flour, 1 tbsp cinnamon, baking soda, eggs and a pinch of salt.
2. Pour batter into a lined tin.
3. Mix together 1 cup oat flour, coconut sugar, coconut oil and 1 tbsp cinnamon. Fluff mixture with a fork to create crumbs.
4. Sprinkle the crumbs over the bread batter.
5. Bake at 180°C for 45-55 mins.
6. Allow to cool completely in the pan.
7. Slice and enjoy!